$5.00 per person
The Dynamics track is the real workhorse of our labs and all of its bells and whistles make it a robust tool for exploration. Explore kinematics, friction, forces, work, energy, and more.
Topics and Objectives:
- Position, velocity, and acceleration. Use your data to learn how they are related to one another.
- Explore the distinction between static and kinetic friction.
- Investigate the nature of vector forces.
- Apply Newton’s Second Law to systems of masses connected by pulleys.
- Study conservation of Mechanical Energy for a cart moving along an incline.
- Examine the non-conservative nature of the friction force.
- Velocity Lab – Student Version (PDF)
- Acceleration Lab – Student Version (PDF)
- Pulleys, Ramps, and Friction Lab – Student Version (PDF)
- Freefall, Apparent Weight, and Friction Lab – Student Version (PDF)
- Work & Energy Lab – Student Version (PDF)
- Several unknown static and kinetic friction coefficients
- Several unknown initial velocities
1 year from purchase