$5.00 per person
Study Faraday’s Law and the effects of a varying magnetic field within a small pickup coil using a function generator attached to a large solenoid.
Topics and Objectives:
- Investigate and measure the field along the axis of a solenoid carrying a constant or changing current.
- Measure the emf induced in a small coil of wire in a varying magnetic field.
- Explore the factors that influence the magnitude of this induced emf.
- Faraday’s Law – User’s Guide (PDF)
- Length of Solenoid: 0.17 m
- Number of turns in solenoid: 570
- Radius of each pickup coil: 1.40 cm
- Number of turns in each pickup coil: 64 and 128
1 year from purchase