$5.00 per person
A safe and virtual look at radioactive materials and their half-lives using a Geiger tube, Strontium-90, and Barium-137.
Topics and Objectives:
- Study the operation of the Geiger tube.
- Investigate the Geiger tube’s response to changes in tube voltage.
- Learn to measure background radiation.
- Investigate the change in activity of a radioactive isotope over time.
- To determine the half-life of an isotope graphically.
- Half-lives of Strontium-90 and Barium-137.
August 31, 2019