Interference & Diffraction
$5.00 per person
Monochromatic light from a fictitious multi-color laser passes through one or more vertical slits and produces interference patterns on a viewing screen for your enjoyment (and measurement).
Topics and Objectives:
- Observe the behavior of light passing through various configurations of slits.
- Investigate how the width of a slit and the wavelength of the light determine the diffraction.
- Determine the wavelength of laser light from the diffraction patterns.
- Measure the width of a narrow slit from the diffraction patterns.
- Unknown presets for wavelength, slit width, and slit spacing
1 year from purchase